Below are frequently asked questions
We welcome all of our customers and social media followers and hope you find the information on our website and social media channels to be useful. We appreciate your support and look forward to having a lively, informative and polite conversation with you.
What Are Your Social Media Guidelines?
Our community guidelines aim to ensure that our Facebook page and other social media channels are inclusive and inviting for all. By interacting with us online you agree to the following:
- We like to treat our Facebook page as though it’s a room full of friends. Pleas be mindful of other people and their opinions. Any comments that considered offensive by our moderators to be threatening, offensive or unlawful will be deleted.
- Cyber-bullying will not be tolerated at all and any content that is threatening, abusive, defamatory, indecent, menacing, harassing, offensive, infringes any person’s intellectual property rights will be deleted.
- We will not hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs and we reserve the right to block the person posting such content from our page/s.
- We welcome considered discussion and understand that there will sometimes be differences of opinion that may result in debate. considered and lively debate is cool, but attacks on content posters, moderators, other users or any other person, trolling or abuse will not be tolerated
- We will remove any content that may put us (or you) in legal jeopardy. This includes potential defamatory comments, material or links posted in potential breach of copyright and includes offensive profile pictures that contain profanities or indecent imagery.
- We will remove any comments that include the promotion of competing products, persons, services or brands or commercial solicitations or promotion of a competitor.
- From time to time employees of Waste Not Want Not Eco Shop may participate in discussion on our social media pages from their own personal profiles. Opinions expressed by employees or board members do not represent the opinion of Waste Not Want Not Eco shop or its parent company Betterlife Directions Pty Ltd.
Do You Offer Discount Codes?
From time to time Waste Not Want Not Eco Shop may offer special promotional codes. These are provided on different social media channels and via our mailing list and are time limited. Promotional codes are offered on a single use, one code per person basis. Valid online only and not available in-store. Promotional codes may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
How Much Is Delivery?
Our postage and handling fee is a flat fee of AU$6.50 for orders:
- weighing less than 2kg,
- and where the total value is less than AU$75, and
- which are delivered to addresses within Australia.
Our postage and handling fee is a flat fee of
Orders over AU$75 (excluding Postage & Handling fees) within Australia are shipped for free.
We also offer Click and Collect services from our shop in Blackwood. Our shop is open for parcel collection from 9-5 Monday to Friday, until 7pm Thursday nights, 9-4 on Saturday and 11-3 Sunday. To arrange pickup of your order from our Blackwood store simply select the Click and Collect option during checkout and we will let you know via email when your order is ready to collect.
Do You Ship Overseas?
At the moment we currently only ship to addresses within Australia.
How long will it take to receive my item/s?
We are committed to getting your in-stock items to the Australia Post postal network, or the Sendle courier network with one business day of you placing your order.
Delivery times after that are determined by Australia Post, but you can use the following as a guideline:
- Adelaide metro area: you should received your item/s within 2-3 business days.
- Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra metro areas, and country South Australia: you should received your item/s within 3-5 business days
- Tasmania, Western Australia and all non SA country areas: you items will take 7-14 business days to arrive.
If an item you ordered is not currently in-stock your order may be delayed until we have all the items to send at one time. We will let you know if this is going to happen.
Can I track my delivery?
Yes! When your delivery has left our shop our freight service will send you an email which will contain a link to their tracking website and your tracking number.
All items are shipped “authority to leave parcel”. It is also possible to use this service to leave specific delivery instructions for the courier company by logging on to their website using the tracking link.
What If I Don’t Like My Item?
We accept change of mind returns on the condition that it is undamaged, has not been used, that all seals are intact, that is in its original packaging and is in a resalable condition. You can read our full returns policy here.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Afterpay
How will my item come packaged?
We ship most of our deliveries in certified compostable ComPOST satchels. We do our best to protect the items in your order and may include recycled cardboard or paper as padding.
Sometimes you may receive plastic packing materials in your delivery box. We believe that REUSE is an important part of the Reduce, Reuse, Refuse and Recycle philosophy and therefore we may reuse packing materials (such as plastic Airplus air filled pockets) that have been used to send items to us. We think that reusing these materials is wiser than throwing away existing packing material and using brand new materials, despite how environmentally friendly that new material may be. We trust that once your item/s arrive safely that you will in-turn reuse or recycle these materials appropriately.
How do you choose what products to stock in your shop?
At Waste Not Want Not Eco Shop we are very mindful of the products we choose to stock. The things we consider important are:
- low or no environmental impact
- cruelty free/not tested on animals
- the origin of the products and how far they have to travel to reach us
- no toxins or toxic chemicals that are bad for people, animals or the environment
- the amount and type of packaging that our suppliers use
- the use of natural ingredients
- the sustainability of the ingredients used
In order to offer you a range of items we do source products from overseas, but our focus is predominantly on sourcing and stocking locally produced items from local suppliers.
Are any of the products you stock tested on animals?
Every product we stock in our online store is 100% vegan and 100% cruelty free. In fact many of our products have earned seals of approval from organisations such as the Vegan Society, NATRUE, Certified Cruelty Free, Leaping Bunny and PETA.
We’ve just recently bought the business and have been doing a comprehensive review of all the products which came with the shop in Blackwood. We have discovered that some products contained beeswax. These products are therefore not vegan, but nothing in-store has been tested on animals. We are in the process of phasing these products out of our available range.
I am a supplier and would like to know if you can stock my products
Even though Waste Not Want Not Eco Shop is a 20 year old business and was a pioneer in eco-friendly retailing, we are new owners and as such are the new kids on the block. Therefore are always on the lookout for new and innovative products which help people become more environmentally responsible. If you think your products meet the criteria we have outlined above we’d love to hear from you at email@example.com
I have a media enquiry. Who do I talk to?
We love the media! Spreading the message of environmental responsibility is totally our thing, and we’d love to talk to you. Please send your initial contact to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can go from there.
I am a social media influencer or celebrity and would like to work with you
If you’re a high profile person spreading the message of environmental responsibility then you are “our people”. We would love to chat about how we could work together. Please send your initial contact to email@example.com with info on what your ideas are and specifically how you’d like to work with us, as well as direct contact details and links to your social media channels.
Do you make donations to charities and other causes?
Given our values and the nature of our business we have chosen to work with causes that specifically fall in to two categories:
- They work towards having a positive effect on the environment
- They are local to our HQ in Blackwood, SA
If your cause falls within these two areas please email our HQ team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your request and specifically which cause or charity you are raising funds for.
What is your RETURNS policy?
You can read our full returns policy here
What is your DELIVERY policy?
You can read about our delivery info here
If you have any questions about any of the above please contact email@example.com